Saving a link by using the share function on iOS causes Safari to hang

Is it just me or does using the share function on iOS cause the Safari browser to hang. Every time I want to save a link to MyReach I have to close Safari afterwards because it is completely unresponsive. Totally unusable at the moment…or I am just doing something wrong!?

Hey Jan,

Thank you fro your feedback and for bringing up this issue to our attention.

We haven’t encountered this issue in the past. We’ve been trying to replicate it with several devices but haven’t succeeded.

Could you please share with us the model of your iOS device, the version of its o, and if possible also the version of Safari you have installed. That would be of incredible help for us to try and figure out why the share is causing your safari to crash.

Thank you for your support!

Best,

Christopher Payne

Hi Christopher,

I am using an IPhone 13 Pro with the latest OS (16.3) and Safari also being on the latest version (not sure where to find the build number of Safari on iOS).

Additionally to my post above, the problem also occurs with other apps when I try to share documents/files via share function. E.g. when I want to share a note from Evernote to MyReach, Evernote turns completely unresponsive and has to be force-closed and started again. :man_shrugging:t2:

Hi Jan,

Thank you very much for your prompt response!

That is indeed very strange :thinking:… Will make sure to tackle the issue with the team ASAP.

Regarding Evernote you might be pleased to hear that we are making the final touches to the integration and are hoping to release it in the next release!

Thank you for your patience and support!

Best,

Christopher Payne

Hi Christopher,

for your information, today this issue seems to be gone. Working without any problems. Do not know why, I have not changed anything.

Just wanted to let you know…

Hi Jan,

Thank you for letting us know! Glad to hear its resolved and its working smoothly again!

Not sure yet what caused the issue or how it was magically resolved… the wonders of software :sweat_smile:

If you have any further issues or suggestions please do let us know!

Thanks again for your support

Best,

Christopher Payne