New Feature? ... Help? ... Would you use

… a section of the community devoted to talking about WORKFLOW? It might/could also encompass questions of definition or purpose as they pertain to use and structure.

I am often overwhelmed (or, for reduced hyperbole: confused? indecisive?) when trying to figure out what something should be (A Tag? A new type of Tag? Why can’t I create a sub-Tag? [ex: Contact-Personal, Contact-Work.] Is this a Note or a File?) and what Properties should be attached. (Do I need custom props?) And then… what relationships are needed? Should I create a new workspace? Oh!.. would a new workspace obviate my feeling that I need subTags?

I need to keep track of tasks. I think this may pretty clearly fall into ‘Feature’ category but I created (as best I could) a Tag. I worry about what this may cost me in time later. Do I need (or would I be better off) to divert some information to another program. What are others doing?

Many of my tasks involve email. I need to write one. I received one & must take action. I have sent one and I need to watch for a reply. Emails relate to projects -workspace? sometimes a node in a different workspace? They also relate to people &, sometimes, an object or goal. Sometimes, the person contacted is a known entity, sometimes it’s a cold contact. I would need to differentiate -or, do I?

Even more basic: Note vs. File? I’m thinking my hard fast rule might need to be: “If any part of the document can be imported, it’s a FILE.” Does that work? Is that what other people do?

I often charge off on thoughts or questions generated from something I read or saw.
Do I copy and paste the triggering passage to a note? Create a file (files) and then relate them to a Note? Is there a way (Does it make sense) to use Mentions? Comments?

If I want to create rules (I need ways to discipline myself!), how do I (do I?) differentiate between a written document and a video that prompted thought? Videos are an instance of a digital file but is there need/desire/benefit in having a different Node type?

I get all looped around with stuff like this. It is (very?) obstructive. I want to talk to people about these types of issues. Where do I put them? Is anyone interested? Where should they go?

Meanwhile… HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

3 Likes

Hoping that 2024 will bring some answers.
:fireworks:

1 Like

Hi @JulieI ,

Thank you for your post and Happy New Year!

As you can see I have created a new category in the forum called WORKFLOW – as per your suggestion, here users will be able to discuss and share their workflows and best practices on how they are using myReach!

Separately in the next couple of weeks I will be releasing a few videos explaining various use cases of myReach and how to best use the product according to our research.

Stay tuned, keep reaching and hope you have great New Year!!

Chris

2 Likes