My feature requests thread

Just had 2 small things i came across right now.

A) select all option (had to select most notes, but not all, because i uploaded 160 files at once into the wrong workspace)
… edit: ok i found the select all now on top right menu, but thats not very intuitive, maybe move it (at least on desktop) down to the bottom bar

B) for files please add some filter for duplicates, i accidently uploaded some stuff twice, a quick comparison of filenames alread uploaded before adding new (file) notes and maybe also later search/filter for same files (even if different names) - whatever in detail i think you get the point

Hi Isaak,

Thank you for your feedback!

Point A – we will definitely improve the flow for “select all” in desktop so that its more intuitive :+1:

Point B – will investigate with the team how best to filter / identify duplicates. Thank you for the recommendation

Best,

Christopher

C) would be neat if i could rename pdf files automaticly (content based or just headline copy) similar to website titles, as i often just throw in papers which have an odd naming just with numbers. Could be a property “title” and a button when selecting files to refactor the file name to this title property.

1 Like

D) Advanced text search features like AND/OR e.g. i want to search for “vertical farming” but only when used together i dont want any result where one keyword is in a complete different part of the text and out of context. So either brackets or with Keywords like AND/OR similiar to google search please.

1 Like

E) i cant change my name here in the forum, i am not to comfortable using my full name everywhere all the time, it’s mentioned as optional in the profile but you cant change it. As a test i changed my myReach name but it didnt change my forum name, but in first place it took my full name from there i guess?

1 Like

Hi Isaak,

Thank you for all the feedback!

If you can, rather than putting it all in the same thread, could you make each feature request as a separate post – its much easier for us to keep track of them, prioritize features and be able to close them. If they are all in the same thread it makes it all much harder…

With regards to the name in the forum we have changed the configuration – you can now go to your preferences in the forum, and change your name in the account section. The name won’t synchronize anymore every time you open the forum.

Thanks for your continuous feedback

Best,

Christopher

1 Like