More complex attributes on Properties

Properties are not yet as useful as they could be. “Price” offers the choice of currencies, but doesn’t offer any possibility to set a unit. Price is frequently not just $x, but $x/[amount].

All date based properties offer the option of “all day” as an attribute, but instead of not including a time at all, they just use the property’s time of creation, which isn’t accurate. We should be able to specify dates without associated times.

Properties also need the option to set default traits. I’m in Canada; for Price properties, I’m going to use CAD much more frequently than any other currency. But Price always comes up in EUR, and I have to switch to CAD every time. I should be able to set that Prices I enter are in CAD unless otherwise specified.

2 Likes

Hi BigFluffySheep,

Thank you for your feedback – will definitely look with team at how to save defaults for the various property types. Especially for those that are location based as you mention

Will keep you posted as soon as I have a more definite timeline for the release

Keep Reaching

Chris

@BigFluffySheep: Great suggestions! A drop-down for unit selection would really be helpful. I think (TWAGOS*) it shouldn’t be too difficult to implement.

@reach Not sure about platform differences but, on Mac, the default for currency, time display, and other values could/should be inherited from System settings. Right? They probably are inherited, and will be inherited, on platforms with native applications. It seems a flimsier connection when using web browser access.

Be well all! As Chris keeps reminding us, “Keep reaching!”

*Take with a grain of salt :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input @JulieI!

@BigFluffySheep’s suggestions are already in our Development Roadmap, we’ll let you know once the changes to the mentioned Properties are implemented :slight_smile:

In terms of default settings inherited from the Mac’s system settings, as the App is not native this doesn’t happen. However, you’ll be able to choose your settings as soon as we add this to the App. Stay tuned!

Keep reaching!!
Sofia

@sofia

Are the default settings for the types of properties under discussion inherited in the IoS app & others?

Thanks, Julie

Hi @JulieI!

Yes, the settings will be accessible in the ios App and others (mobile and web).