Cannot type a note title properly (android app)

The first word of the note title appears fine but then the cursor jumps to beginning of the title field so when I start typing the second word, it’s added in the wrong place.

Adding the note text works perfectly, it’s just the title. So currently I can’t really use the app.

The attached screenshot is me typing “This is a new note” as the title. It adds each be word at the start.

1 Like

Hi Vicky,

Thank you very much for letting us know of this issue!

We hadn’t yet experience this bug before so thank you for reporting it. Will fix it ASAP!

For us to be able to identify it more quickly, could you please let us know what keyboard you are using as well as the OS of your Android.

Thank you very much and apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you

Best,

Christopher Payne

@reach I’m using Microsoft SwiftKey.

Samsung Galaxy s22+

Android 13

Hi Vicky,

Think we might have found the bug – it seems to be specific to some Android keyboards. We are currently fixing it and will notify you as soon as its ready for release.

Thank you for your patience

Keep Reaching!

Christopher Payne

1 Like

Hi Vicky,

The bug is fixed :smiley:

We did a small update to the app fixing your bug and a couple other details – let me know if it still doesn’t work and thanks again for reporting the bug!

Keep Reaching!

Christopher Payne

Hello Team,

Sorry, but the issue is still there.
Everytime, when I enter two or three words in a new Note, the cursor skips in the beginning of the line after 5 seconds.

TEST :
After +/- 5 seconds, when entering the 2 words “Gravitas (space) Sentry” in a new Note, the APP reset the cursor in the beginning of the line (field UNTITLED).

The (space) is removed by the APP.

At the same time the partial Note title appears in the header of the Note.

IMHO Critical : The issue occurs in the first field the user captures.

Best regards,
Vinamis
Samsung Galaxy Note9

Hi @Vinamis,

Thank you for reporting this bug and for the detailed illustration.

We will look into this issue to find the source of the problem, and the way to solve it. I’ll keep you posted with any developments fixing this bug. Thanks for your patience!

Happy holidays!
Best,

Sofia

1 Like

Hey @Vinamis ,

We’ve been trying to replicate the bug in various Android devices we have in the office as well as emulators but haven’t been able to replicate the issue you are having…

Is there any chance you could send us a screen recording of the entire flow – maybe that way we can identify the origin of the issue you are having

Thank you for your help and support

Keep Reaching

Chris

Hello Chris,
I just sent the video by email.
Vinamis

Hi @Vinamis ,

Did you send the email to chris@rea.ch?

I’m afraid I can’t find any trace of your email… would you mind sending it again

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,
It was sent to contact@
And now to you.
Vinamis